"Designer Patchwork" Minky Weighted Blanket - You Choose the Size and Weight
This item will ship out in approx. 1 week.
Weighted blankets have numerous benefits to both children and adults. Here are just a handful of benefits:
- Weighted therapy helps increase the levels of Serotonin and Melatonin in the body. - They can assist with Insomnia, falling asleep at night and staying asleep at night. - A weighted blanket is a highly effective calming tool to help people relax and sleep. - They can be beneficial to children with ADD or ADHD spectrum disorder, as they can help kids calm down during school to focus on their work, or after school if they are wound up or to help them relax at night to fall asleep easier.
Fabric choices: 1) mint gray deer woodgrain patchwork/saltwater rose cuddle back and gray binding 2) Gray Dark Red Black Moose Bear Patchwork/charcoal luxe cuddle back and black binding 3) lilac aqua gray deer woodgrain patchwork/lavender luxe cuddle back and lavender binding 4) coral navy deer woodgrain patchwork/coral luxe cuddle back and coral binding 5) navy mint gray deer woodgrain patchwork/saltwater rose cuddle back and navy binding 6) pink gray deer woodgrain patchwork/baby pink luxe cuddle back and baby pink binding 7) green brown moose bear patchwork/brown luxe back and binding 8) navy gray moose deer patchwork/navy luxe cuddle back and navy binding 9) LOVE Boho arrow patchwork/baby pink luxe back and gray binding 10) gray tan rustic buck patchwork/gray luxe back/ gray binding 11) Yellow Gray Deer Woodgrain Patchwork/gray luxe back and gray binding
Size: When you decide on a size, please consider that the blanket should primarily cover the person's body and not cover too much of the bed. Have the person lay on their back and take a measuring tape side to side and up and down to figure out which size will work best. These are ONLY suggested sizing, everyone is different.
Size Options (I can customize these dimensions too, just ask):
1) small child: 30"x40" : approx 32-38" child : approx 3-4 years old
2) medium child: 35"x45" : approx 38"-42" child : approx 4-5 years old
3) large child: 40"x50" : approx 42"-47" child : approx 5-8 years old
4) pre-teen/small adult: 40"x60"
5) teen/small adult: 40"x70"
6) adult (average): 45"x70"
7) adult (tall): 45"x80"
8) adult (large): 50"x80"
Weight: A commonly suggested weight formula for the weight of the blanket is 10% of user's body weight, plus one pound. It would be beneficial to get more info from a doctor or OT. For example: a 40 pound child, would use a 5 pound blanket.Or a 150 pounds adult, would use a 16 pound blanket.
Important things to know: These are important questions to ask yourself when ordering.
1) Has an OT or doctor given you a recommended size or weight of blanket?
2) How many inches tall is your child?
3) How many pounds does your child currently weigh?
4) Is your child strong/average/below average in strength?
5) Compared to BMI charts and percentiles, is your child above/average/below for height and weight?
Pellets and blanket construction:
Safe, non- toxic and hypo-allergenic poly pellets for weight.
The blanket is divided into equal size pockets that will contain equal amounts of pellets so that the weight of the blanket is evenly distributed. Each pocket has double stitching around them for extra durability. Binding is sewn on the edge for extra durability and stability to the blanket.
Washing and care: I recommend washing on a gentle cycle with cool water and hanging to dry. You do not want the pellets to get too hot, as they may melt. You can dry on very low heat in the dryer.
Fabric options: I ONLY use minky in my shop, which is going to make the most cuddly, luxurious and long lasting blanket.
WARNING: Weighted blankets should NOT be used on infants or children/adults that do not have the strength or ability to remove the blanket from off their body. Please do not buy one and use it between different age/size/weight of children. Please avoid having your blanket near pets that may chew or claw it, as this could tear open the pockets and expose the pellets.